kdaffy

Introduce yourself

Like all forums, this one should have your obligatorily intro post.

Hello everyone. Looking forward to seeing this community grow!

• Like 3

Good idea! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad to have you join us. We're just starting to learn the platform and build out content so I hope you can help!

• Like 1

I'm coming over from AZ. I'm also excited to see the community grow! The more places on the web talking about east coast skiing the better and I will excitedly participate in as many of them as I can. I sadly have little to no skills to contribute to this sites development though.

FWIW, I'm on a smartphone right now and the site works just as well as a chrome tab as the AZ app does pretty much. While an app would be great, it is certainly not the calamity on a web browser that AZ is.

• Like 2

Also coming over from AZ

I love skiing and in the non skiing months I run a boat on the Seacoast of NH/Southern Maine. I also play some golf when time allows and go on hikes with my family.

Peaks Passholder for the 17-18 season

Edited by xwhaler
  • Like 2

I'm in!  I'm glad to see a new forum that will be operated by someone who is as passionate about skiing as the rest of us.  I'm looking forward to seeing it take shape.

Tim (aka savemeasammy)

• Like 2

AZ convert (prsboogie) - Peaks Pass Holder and I like long walks in the rain! 

Cant wait for a functioning website and eventually app. 

Seriously though, I love to ski, love bringing my kids with me and watching them grow on the slopes. They are fearless and a sh&t ton of fun to watch. Still hoping to ski with many new people and have them push me to get better. This is one think the kids do not help me with. 

Edited by Infinite Dreams
added content
  • Like 2

I'm from the Northeast and like sports in the mountains. Seemed like a good fit. 

30% Lincon, NH. 30% Marshfield, MA. 30% Travels.

70% Snowboarder. 30% Skier.  Refer to it all as 'skiing'.

Looking forward to this forum carrying on some of the great discussions of AZ and Epic.  Hopefully blending in some of the backcountry discussion that never thrived at those other sites. Also would love to see the MTB, hiking, paddling pieces gain the same enthusiasm that the skiing has. Sure makes it easier to get through the summer!

• Like 2

Deadheadskier....Same as various other skiing forums.  

Peaks passholder with Wildcat being where I typically ski the most in recent years.

Weatherman has tremendous passion for the sport and I'm sure he will do well to create a fun community online and off for nuts like us here in the Northeast and beyond.

• Like 3

Hi All,

I'm a Northeast skier. I live in Gloucester, MA and  ski at Sunday River and Sugarloaf. 

I ski all winter and golf all summer. 

I love the ski equipment info and recommendations and trip reports that these types of forums provide

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fcksummer said:

Snowboarder, originally from Western MA. Boston resident these days. Season pass holder at Cannon.

And hopefully the maintainer of our Cannon guide? We should take a lot at it in another week after all the EpicSki links have a chance to break.

58 minutes ago, wa-loaf said:

No plans to move to Florida I hope ...

Kept my name from AZ, also Dadskier on Pugski.

No plans to move any time soon. Though my employer is opening a Boulder office. I can't say that I didn't think about asking to relocated.

Howdy folks.  I rather unceremoniously dumped a batch of my old writings in the article section here yesterday.  NEMS management was kind enough to invite me to do this in my scramble to archive stuff when word came out this week that EpicSki.com was going dark in a few days.  Unfortunately, the photos in my articles will disappear when EpicSki goes down, but I have copies of many.  It's just really tedious to replace the broken links.  EpicSki was a primary host for much of my writing material, photos, commentaries, trip reports, and personal ski minutia.  For more than 15 years various online ski forums/websites have been my platform of choice to share ski stoke and my love of our sport.  I also have 100+ articles published on DCSki.com.  The EpicSki situation makes me concerned about the future of some of my favorite sites (looking at you AZ), but I am grateful for the timely arrival of NEMS to the scene!  I hope to continue my ski travel writing avocation.  As time permits and the situation dictates, I may refresh some of my old articles and generate new content here for NEMS.  Hopefully you guys will be receptive to ski stoke from beyond the NorthEast because my focus is increasingly on Western destinations these days??

Best regards,

Jim Kenney

Copy of DSCN0072.JPG

Edited by JimK
  • Like 3

Good luck Weatherman with you endeavor, AZ is cool but kind of on autopilot. Nick has his priorities in the right place as kids  grow up very quickly ...can't fault  him for that.

I Really want to make it to Magic 17/18 season ...

Hey everyone,

I live in NYC, ski in the Catskills and Vermont. I venture out west when I get a chance, hopefully more in the future. I've been skiing for 5 years and regret I didn't start doing this sooner, I would classify myself as an advanced intermediate on groomers, intermediate in the trees and beginner in any type of fresh powder. I love skiing and don't really care what level I am, I just want to be sliding around on snow and enjoying the views outside the concrete jungle of the city.

3 hours ago, Blikkem said:

Hey everyone,

I live in NYC, ski in the Catskills and Vermont. I venture out west when I get a chance, hopefully more in the future. I've been skiing for 5 years and regret I didn't start doing this sooner, I would classify myself as an advanced intermediate on groomers, intermediate in the trees and beginner in any type of fresh powder. I love skiing and don't really care what level I am, I just want to be sliding around on snow and enjoying the views outside the concrete jungle of the city.

Welcome. I think you'll find the members here are more than happy to show you the ropes, and take you underneath them. We are a passionate group. If you seek to improve your ski skills, a passion to learn and dedication to get out there is the most important thing.

I'm an immigrant from EpicSki, which is shutting down right now.  I'll give this site a try as my new home and see if we're a good match.

Someone here might want to post at Epic in one of the remaining live threads inviting people who ski in NE to register here.  Most regular members are migrating to PugSki.  

Edited by LiquidFeet
  • Like 1