kdaffy

Introduce yourself

8 hours ago, Brad J said:

Same as on AZ and Pugski, I am a longtime skier that looks forward to every weekend to go skiing from November to April. I love the energy that many of the folks on this site have for skiing and hope to share my experiences and hear yours. Weatherman's energy for the sport is second to none and I wish him good luck and all the support we can give him. I am into ski gear so I look forward to future discussions of ski gear , reviews  and opions

What to stop a thread drift Brad!

I've pretty much had a beard since I was 12 so I pretty much always ski bearded.  I'm catsup948 in AZ but I have never been to into posting.  I honestly don't have much time to post as I'm either skiing or making up for work I should have done instead of skiing.  I'll contribute what I can, when I can and I hope this forum really takes off.  

• Like 1

I don't see any issue with someone out west contributing to eastern discussions. However I personally have no use for hearing about eastern conditions and weather from someone 2,000+ miles away, especially when those reports from 2 time zones away are negative. 

@deadheadskier just curious...is Nick aware of this site? He seemed like a nice enough guy when I met him at the Summit this year and I don't wish AZ to fail but unfortunately I have a hard time seeing both of these sites existing with the relatively small overall user base. AZ has seemed to lose activity every year that I've been on there. If even a small proportion of the folks who migrate here stop posting on AZ then it's really going to feel dead over year.

I don't believe he is aware no. As is pretty obvious, he doesn't sign in to AZ for months at a time. When AZ has issues, I mention it to him via text. All of the other moderators are aware of NMS I believe. I'm not sure if any of them have mentioned it to Nick.

He's definitely a great guy, but it's up to him how he chooses to maintain AZ. He admits it's on the back burner these days due to how much time he spends helping his wife with her business.

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

50 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

I don't see any issue with someone out west contributing to eastern discussions. However I personally have no use for hearing about eastern conditions and weather from someone 2,000+ miles away, especially when those reports from 2 time zones away are negative. 

@deadheadskier just curious...is Nick aware of this site? He seemed like a nice enough guy when I met him at the Summit this year and I don't wish AZ to fail but unfortunately I have a hard time seeing both of these sites existing with the relatively small overall user base. AZ has seemed to lose activity every year that I've been on there. If even a small proportion of the folks who migrate here stop posting on AZ then it's really going to feel dead over year.

There are plenty of us here being negative too - is that ok?  Many this past season remained optimistic when it looked bad and it paid off especially up north.  When the weather calls for rain it is rain whether or not it if coming from someone 10 miles from a mountain or 2000 miles from that mountain, no?

2 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

There are plenty of us here being negative too - is that ok?  Many this past season remained optimistic when it looked bad and it paid off especially up north.  When the weather calls for rain it is rain whether or not it if coming from someone 10 miles from a mountain or 2000 miles from that mountain, no?

No.

5 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

DLague lives! And no, it gets really fucking annoying when I'm looking at rain out my window and someone mentions how they are looking at 16" of snow and fresh pow in May and keeps having to discuss it. We know youre excited and it is really awesome for you, but very "steamboatian".

Edited by Flying Yeti

11 minutes ago, dblskifanatic said:

Maybe it's just me but it just rubs me the wrong way when comments like "looks like it's going to rain" or "all the powder is going to melt and turn slushy" are made by someone out west. Maybe I'm just jealous of the west's conditions and weather but I just don't find it necessary. I can certainly read a weather report myself and am well aware of what happens to snow when the temperature goes up. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fcksummer said:

Maybe it's just me but it just rubs me the wrong way when comments like "looks like it's going to rain" or "all the powder is going to melt and turn slushy" are made by someone out west. Maybe I'm just jealous of the west's conditions and weather but I just don't find it necessary. I can certainly read a weather report myself and am well aware of what happens to snow when the temperature goes up. 

Im in agreement here, I dont need to hear its gonna rain from someone in Colorado ...who knows all how we are feeling about it !

Honestly he can talk all he wants about CO conditions and weather just shut the F up about our weather !

^Agree.  On occasion I'd like to see pics and read stuff about Colorado - by someone who is out there!  Conversely, my interest level in hearing about how things are on the EC by someone whos skis are not on the ground here is zero.

I'm all for people contributing content from other places, but keep it fun and keep it relevant.  The peanut gallery shit is useless.

• Like 1

Woops.....forgot !   Im JDMRoma from AZ !   ABV is how I shop for Zoomer Bar Approved Brews !

Hope this place takes off ! 

20 minutes ago, ABV said:

Woops.....forgot !   Im JDMRoma from AZ !   ABV is how I shop for Zoomer Bar Approved Brews !

Hope this place takes off ! 

Glad to have you. Please invites others than would be interested. I'm always open for suggestions on how to make a better experience.

• Like 1

DLague lives! And no, it gets really fucking annoying when I'm looking at rain out my window and someone mentions how they are looking at 16" of snow and fresh pow in May and keeps having to discuss it. We know youre excited and it is really awesome for you, but very "steamboatian".

Apparently I do at least I think Flying Yeti figured it out. I actually want to say - if I really hurt people's feelings that is not the intention. I will admit the winter has been consist here - firm days in March for sure and at time was not the best but all in all I have been happy. I live the east vicariously though all of you and I do miss skiing with some who have said some harsh words. I have tried to participate knowing how things can be back east. I think many of you took offense. I wanted to share my experience but apparently that has been too much. In this forum I will not talk about things in Colorado unless asked. I see that many of you had a pretty awesome winter minus a few set backs for some while other overcame - good for them. In particular the Wildcat crew. Sounds like you all killed it. I hope to get back there from time to time. But I am here to stay. There really isn't a forum here that is quite like this or AZ. That is good on you all. I am not a western snob. Skiing is skiing no matter where and the experience is unique to each of us. No single mountain can change that.

I hope that you all have a great season in 2017-2018. And those who hit Killington, I hope June 1st is in the cards. I have wanted that for the past 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 4

Dave - I don't think people mind hearing about Colorado, it's that we don't want to hear the constant drumbeat about how much BETTER it is.  We know!  I personally enjoy seeing some of the pics because I don't get to ski out there.  I particularly liked seeing the Breckenridge wintertime shots.  My wife and I were in CO last June, and Breckenridge was our favorite of the towns we saw.

If you make any more turns this Spring - particularly June or even July, I'd be happy to see the pics.  Especially if you can sneak in a few pics of scantily clad hotties.

Next fall, I'll also be looking for "first snow" pics, and I'm willing to bet that a pic of Pikes Peak might be the first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BumpOut said:

Dave - I don't think people mind hearing about Colorado, it's that we don't want to hear the constant drumbeat about how much BETTER it is.  We know!  I personally enjoy seeing some of the pics because I don't get to ski out there.  I particularly liked seeing the Breckenridge wintertime shots.  My wife and I were in CO last June, and Breckenridge was our favorite of the towns we saw.

If you make any more turns this Spring - particularly June or even July, I'd be happy to see the pics.  Especially if you can sneak in a few pics of scantily clad hotties.

Next fall, I'll also be looking for "first snow" pics, and I'm willing to bet that a pic of Pikes Peak might be the first.

I knew Dave was on here when I created the poll. Just ball busting.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BumpOut said:

I agree. Dave, I hope you keep posting about Colorado. It's been interesting to read a first hand report about someone's first season out west, and as always your trip reports are really well done. I think the thing that's bugged me is as you put it - the trying to live the east vicariously through us by chiming in about conditions. Personally, the main draw to a site like this or AZ is the first hand reports from people on the ground. So when you get involved in talking about conditions and weather it comes across as rubbing it in our face that we're going through a thaw or whatever the case may be while you're enjoying endless powder days in an awesome location. I know that's absolutely not the case and you're not doing anything to intentionally be mean spirited but that's just how it comes across at times. The only reason I'm even talking about this and pointing it out is to hopefully see you have less confrontations on here than what happened on AZ. No hard feelings :108_metal:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Was wondering who this was!!

Haha yes same here, didn't know who  you were either !