Introduce yourself

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, if we are going to have a “Gender Relations” committee, perhaps it should be chairperson ?

Mostly we talk about shoes, boys, and how hard math is.       

I'm hopeful this forum will thrive and perhaps out-perform AZ at some point because it is being run by someone who is actually passionate about skiing, and who lives in the northeast and knows what is

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning.

Western MA native here. Try to ski all over the northeast, as my job allows for that (I cover 10 states and travel daily). Weekend skiing is done close to home though, mostly at Mt. Snow and Stratton.

I am a financial advisor, whose other interests include bicycling, woodworking, fishing, guitar, golf, gardening and backpacking.

I look forward to meeting new people, and possibly taking a few runs with some of you.

Cheers,

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RedSoxFan said:

Good Morning.

Western MA native here. Try to ski all over the northeast, as my job allows for that (I cover 10 states and travel daily). Weekend skiing is done close to home though, mostly at Mt. Snow and Stratton.

I am a financial advisor, whose other interests include bicycling, woodworking, fishing, guitar, golf, gardening and backpacking.

I look forward to meeting new people, and possibly taking a few runs with some of you.

Cheers,

Awesome. As you travel to all the ski areas of the northeast, please update our mountain guides. We're going to especially need coverage with the small ski areas and those outside New England. We hope you'll share photos and reports with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Coming over from the other forum! Looking forward to some up to date content. My home mtn is Killington, but usually get at least 10 days at other areas typically in the NE. I ski with Puck it a lot by default being that we are related, also enjoy skiing and boarding with Fsummer,ABV, and cannonball. 

IMG_1464.PNG

• Like 1
On 5/30/2017 at 7:43 AM, RedSoxFan said:

Good Morning.

Cheers,

Western mass and fishing...we should chat. My office is Bass Pro Shops with trail map wall paper.

Hello all
Coming over from the other forum! Looking forward to some up to date content. My home mtn is Killington, but usually get at least 10 days at other areas typically in the NE. I ski with Puck it a lot by default being that we are related, also enjoy skiing and boarding with Fsummer,ABV, and cannonball. 
IMG_1464.thumb.PNG.473735b6d36678a2e13654b175abc943.PNG

Good Morning.
Cheers,

Welcome to you both!

Sent from my XT1565 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

On 6/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, Drewster said:

Hello all

IMG_1464.PNG

Glad you made it over. I opened a support ticket about your registration issues. If others have problems creating an account, please let me know.

On 6/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, Drewster said:

Hello all

IMG_1464.PNG

Wellcome, what was your AZ alias. 

• 4 months later...
Live in Gods country along the St Lawrence River an hr south of Ottawa , My boy Puck it  is a native too but dude split to chase a career ?' BUT at heart ole PUCKSTER. Is still a homie 

ski the Daks ( Whiteface , Gore. And our localized speedbumps  Titus , Tupper. And Snow Ridge ) Tremblant  and ocasionally stuff. In NE have family around 495 land 

Older than dirt , always up for fun , loose as a swoose , irreverent ,  opinionated  and a fun loving PIA.     Minor vices : skiing , biking, working out , golf and a serious metal head axeman ( guitars) .   

Retired College President did the higher education thing and also had a parallel career owning a consulting  business in executive leadership development for over three plus decades . Retired early in my early fifties to pursue  my minor vices ? And got busy making a life not just a living .

Blessed with a fantastic wife who puts me to shame in terms of physical fitness and lets me be me ,  a great son and daughter and four college aged grandkids . And yeah the whole clan skis .

My philosophy : Life ain't a dress rehersal  get busy making a life , collect people not stuff and lose negative nuts , life. Is a banquet not a piss n ' moan fest 

oh yeah on AZ , NYS ski blog/forums , Pugski and Epic before it tanked  ,    Told ya i was an old bastage 

Edited by Warp Daddy
  • Like 2

Oops, Didn't notice this

Hi everyone, Currently I'm going to school in northern Vermont but was raised on Hunter Mountain in New York. For the 2017-18 ski season I am shooting for 75 days on snow between the Epic pass,Peak Pass(work) and Jay pass. With this i will also probably end up chasing snow on the weekends. I also am attempting to create a small personal hill for this year from November-Late April , last year we made it on natural snow till the second week of April!. Anyway as ski season is coming into full swing expect to see a lot of me from now on as I plan to stay fully on top of ski news and weather! 

Glad to be here!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MimersG said:

Oops, Didn't notice this

Hi everyone, Currently I'm going to school in northern Vermont but was raised on Hunter Mountain in New York. For the 2017-18 ski season I am shooting for 75 days on snow between the Epic pass,Peak Pass(work) and Jay pass. With this i will also probably end up chasing snow on the weekends. I also am attempting to create a small personal hill for this year from November-Late April , last year we made it on natural snow till the second week of April!. Anyway as ski season is coming into full swing expect to see a lot of me from now on as I plan to stay fully on top of ski news and weather! 

Glad to be here!

What do you mean by create a small personal hill? Sounds fun if you have an open slope that's close by and not used by anyone!

29 minutes ago, Jully said:

What do you mean by create a small personal hill? Sounds fun if you have an open slope that's close by and not used by anyone!

Have a Small bowl hill out front ( 15 vert)  that I make snow on and put box/jumps, and about 100 vert in the back yard with a few narrow cut trails to hike after the big mountains get skied off. On paper its similar to most peoples backyard setups, but most peoples back yards don't get there first freeze in early October and 200+ inches of snowfall.

Edited by MimersG
1 hour ago, MimersG said:

Have a Small bowl hill out front ( 15 vert)  that I make snow on and put box/jumps, and about 100 vert in the back yard with a few narrow cut trails to hike after the big mountains get skied off. On paper its similar to most peoples backyard setups, but most peoples back yards don't get there first freeze in early October and 200+ inches of snowfall.

100 vert is bigger than my backyard! Though I see your point. The 200 inches of snowfall is really what does it. I grew up in MA and had about 25 inches of annual snowfall.