kdaffy

Introduce yourself

2 minutes ago, MimersG said:

Hopefully "work" is code-name for skiing, if not then that sucks to focus on work just after opening week!

Its was finals... I am studying abroad int he Netherlands. Good luck skiing here, I have seen airports that are less flat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benski said:

Its was finals... I am studying abroad int he Netherlands. Good luck skiing here, I have seen airports that are less flat. 

image.jpeg.8dadcbb81ad52cc27cf6f0e2890d8478.jpeg

At least your finals are now instead of mid Dec like mine? or does the Netherlands keep going into the winter months like some other countries in Europe? 

35 minutes ago, MimersG said:

At least your finals are now instead of mid Dec like mine? or does the Netherlands keep going into the winter months like some other countries in Europe? 

Quarters so i just had 2 finals and i have 2 more before Christmas. Normally you  would take the classes till the end of January but i am missing the last few weeks. I am likely going to an essay or two due after I leave though. 

3 minutes ago, Benski said:

Quarters so i just had 2 finals and i have 2 more before Christmas. Normally you  would take the classes till the end of January but i am missing the last few weeks. I am likely going to an essay or two due after I leave though. 

Eww so only midway through, that is terrible

1 hour ago, Benski said:

Well Finals are way more important than AZ or here for that matter ! Good for you to tune it out and focus !

New to the ski forum world this season, so I am not as bitter as some of you AZ, pugski, epic vets.

I am based out of Boston. I have the MAX Pass and will be hitting up the mountains every opportunity I get. There are several other mountains on my wish list that I have never tried either (Sugarbush, MRG, and Burke).

Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LItoCOtoBOS said:

New to the ski forum world this season, so I am not as bitter as some of you AZ, pugski, epic vets.

I am based out of Boston. I have the MAX Pass and will be hitting up the mountains every opportunity I get. There are several other mountains on my wish list that I have never tried either (Sugarbush, MRG, and Burke).

Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

So many MAXX passes here, did anyone else other than me pick up an Epic pass?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MimersG said:

This almost motivated me to fly to Innsbruck today for the weekend. Flights leave at 7am and land at 8:30. Could have been skiing by 10:00 at Stubia Glacier has a lot of terrain open already. 

My name is Harvey. I'm an old teledude, who skis Gore, Plattekill, McCauley and Whiteface when the slides are open. Killington in May. Smuggs is probably my favorite VT mountain, but I have only been there once.  I have had some great days at Hickory, but I fear those days are over.  I started skiing at age 40. I'm a highly motivated intermediate trying to keep up with my friends who are all experts. I'm a semi-shameless promoter of NYSkiBlog.com. I will try to behave in that regard.

Edited by Harvey
  • Like 2

Big thanks to @Weatherman for building and maintaining this site; I'm really enjoying browsing around and it's great to have an east-specific forum. I've already learned a ton of stuff that will make my trips to New England more enjoyable. Well done and thanks!

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Big thanks to @Weatherman for building and maintaining this site; I'm really enjoying browsing around and it's great to have an east-specific forum. I've already learned a ton of stuff that will make my trips to New England more enjoyable. Well done and thanks!

You're welcome! I always am appreciative to contributions like updating the ski area guides. Those will have to be a community effort.

• Like 1

Hello!  My name starts with an M.  Some of you may recognize my username from another ski forum.  I put NC in my username because I live in North Carolina.  Grew up in New York City.  My home mountain is Massanutten in northern VA (4 hour drive one-way).  I do most of my skiing after schelpping skis and ski boots through an airport.  Getting in 50+ days in recent years.

My daughter is in prep school near Boston and before that was in school in Lake Placid.  Being retired, that means I have an excuse to drive around to sample northeast skiing for a few years.  I learned to ski at North Country School (boarding junior middle school) and Whiteface long ago.  Went to Concord Academy after NCS.  My daughter switched to tele while at North Country School.  Both she and I were spoiled at an early age by skiing at Alta while staying at Alta Lodge.  Still my favorite out west.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BumpOut said:

Does that mean that @Weatherman gets to be a semi-shameless promoter of NMS on your site?!

My observation is that most active participants in online ski forums are members of more than one.  Good ski forums complement each other, as opposed to being competitors.  Each serves a slightly different purpose and audience.  It's quite fun to read threads on different forums about the same topic.  At least for me. ;-)

By the way, I'm a Ski Diva too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarzNC said:

Hello!  My name starts with an M.  Some of you may recognize my username from another ski forum.  I put NC in my username because I live in North Carolina.  Grew up in New York City.  My home mountain is Massanutten in northern VA (4 hour drive one-way).  I do most of my skiing after schelpping skis and ski boots through an airport.  Getting in 50+ days in recent years.

My daughter is in prep school near Boston and before that was in school in Lake Placid.  Being retired, that means I have an excuse to drive around to sample northeast skiing for a few years.  I learned to ski at North Country School (boarding junior middle school) and Whiteface long ago.  Went to Concord Academy after NCS.  My daughter switched to tele while at North Country School.  Both she and I were spoiled at an early age by skiing at Alta while staying at Alta Lodge.  Still my favorite out west.

You will join us this year at Wa for some midweek skiing.

:)

7 hours ago, MarzNC said:

My observation is that most active participants in online ski forums are members of more than one.  Good ski forums complement each other, as opposed to being competitors.  Each serves a slightly different purpose and audience.  It's quite fun to read threads on different forums about the same topic.  At least for me. ;-)

By the way, I'm a Ski Diva too.

I don't disagree with this at all, but I don't know if Bryan has ever visited Harvey's blog.  Perhaps he should!

On 11/15/2017 at 9:23 AM, Weatherman said:

It's called winter. I checked the analytics report. No one dominant source. It's a healthy balance of traffic growth. If you build it, he will come.

He?  Presumably you don't mean that literally, right?  Always think "s/he" looks silly.  In any case, I think there might be a few more northeast Divas who may give NMS a look. :1445_woman_tone1:

17 hours ago, BumpOut said:

I don't disagree with this at all, but I don't know if Bryan has ever visited Harvey's blog.  Perhaps he should!

And Harvey should talk to Bryan about this software.  Although probably overkill for NYSkiBlog.  The other regional ski forum I'm on is SkiSoutheast.  They use another platform, but I wouldn't recommend it.  TheSkiDiva and Pugski use Xenforo but I think that's relatively expensive.  I'm not an IT professional, but have enough professional experience with computers as a statistician going back to the 1970s to appreciate the limitations of any end-user software platform.

Edited by MarzNC

10 hours ago, hrstrat57 said:

You will join us this year at Wa for some midweek skiing.

:)

Was hoping to this Monday, but just saw that Wa is not going to be open. :(  My family is spending Thanksgiving week in the Boston area.  No point to put the kid on a plane during the busiest days at airports.  My husband is retired too so he and I have flexible travel schedules.  Plus we have relatives in the area.

He?  Presumably you don't mean that literally, right?  Always think "s/he" looks silly.  In any case, I think there might be a few more northeast Divas who may give NMS a look. :1445_woman_tone1:
I thought it was meant it in biblical sense, not a sexist one.

1 hour ago, Cannonballer said:
3 hours ago, MarzNC said:

I thought it was meant it in biblical sense, not a sexist one.

Here we go.  The Weinstein effect in the ski forum.  

4 hours ago, MarzNC said:

Was hoping to this Monday, but just saw that Wa is not going to be open. :(  My family is spending Thanksgiving week in the Boston area.  No point to put the kid on a plane during the busiest days at airports.  My husband is retired too so he and I have flexible travel schedules.  Plus we have relatives in the area.

Long season ahead @MarzNC !!

It is a great crew of regulars midweek you’ll love it. Two days in already!!

woo hoo !!!!

c u soon!

no weekends ever for me = bronze pass