Sign in to follow this  
2manyhobbies

Gotta love VT lawmakers

Craziness. Though Vermont does not have many cities, bikes should really be encouraging the Vermonters who do to use bikes not discourage bikes.

It's nuts. But it's not just VT.  I know WA and CA have been proposing similar bills.

I was working with a guy recently from Seattle who was going on and on about how this is such a great idea. His argument was that bicyclist are taking over the roads of Seattle so they should have to pay their share of the infrastructure costs that are typically covered through vehicle registrations.   (don't argue this with me, just telling you what I heard!!!) 

31 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

It's nuts. But it's not just VT.  I know WA and CA have been proposing similar bills.

I was working with a guy recently from Seattle who was going on and on about how this is such a great idea. His argument was that bicyclist are taking over the roads of Seattle so they should have to pay their share of the infrastructure costs that are typically covered through vehicle registrations.   (don't argue this with me, just telling you what I heard!!!) 

He should make a try to the Netherlands to see how little they tax the infostructure. I saw 100 people use 1 wide lane on bikes, with 1 car taking up half its capacity. 

34 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

I never even knew this was a thing. In CA and some other states, they leave it up to counties and towns to decide whether bikes should be licensed or not. Attempts were made in GA and NY but were shot down.

That dolt of a senator doesn't even know the current laws for bike usage (same as motorists) yet she has the nerve to propose legislation for bikes...
Laws don't generate revenue. Registrations do.