Puck it

Candide Thovex at it again.

5 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

I watched this earlier today.  I couldn't tell if it was all real.  Some of it looks fake.  But I don't think they'd do that. 

Amazing. I looked up the tropical chairlift. Apparently one like that really does exist in Jamaica.

4 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

You guys are kidding right?  The entire thing is computer generated in my opinion.

It is not all CGI.  The lift is a real for sure except the load station.

CGI doesn't necessarily mean that all of the elements were created in a computer, it just means that it was altered, overlaid and composited in one.

I would be surprised if any of that footage is real.  The first minute or so is so obviously fake!  There is also a "making of" video which tries to make it all look real.

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it all being fake (although I think it is) but I'd certainly bet a lot of money on the vast majority of it being so.

You'd be amazed at what they can do these days.  

Edited by SkiMangoJazz

18 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

CGI doesn't necessarily mean that all of the elements were created in a computer, it just means that it was altered, overlaid and composited in one.

I would be surprised if any of that footage is real.  The first minute or so is so obviously fake!  There is also a "making of" video which tries to make it all look real.

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it all being fake (although I think it is) but I'd certainly bet a lot of money on the vast majority of it being so.

You'd be amazed at what they can do these days.  

We are not f'ing morons.  The lava is most likely real along with the dunes.  You can ski multiple lines in the grass when he skis by the water fall.  Just FYI.

Edited by Puck it

1 hour ago, Puck it said:

It is not all CGI.  The lift is a real for sure except the load station.

38 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

21 minutes ago, Puck it said:

We are not f'ing morons.  The lava is most likely real along with the dunes.  

No one said anyone was a moron, but your post is somewhat moronic to claim that I did say that.  Read your post above and my reply.  

Edited by SkiMangoJazz

18 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

No one said anyone was a moron, but your post is somewhat moronic to claim that I did say that.  Read your post above and my reply.  

And I still stand by my comment.  We don't need an explanation of CGI.

If "The entire thing is computer generated" then I am most certainly a moron, because I can't imagine any reason why Candide would be involved in producing a film that was entirely computer generated. 

39 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

If "The entire thing is computer generated" then I am most certainly a moron, because I can't imagine any reason why Candide would be involved in producing a film that was entirely computer generated. 

A reason for him to do it?  How about the fact that he was paid a lot of money to do it?  It's a commercial.   You think he doesn't need money?  Makes enough from his YouTube videos?

Edited by SkiMangoJazz

5 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

A reason for him to do it?  How about the fact that he was paid a lot of money to do it?  It's a commercial.   You think he doesn't need money?  Makes enough from his YouTube videos?

I don't have a clue if he makes money from his Youtube channel.  But he has consistent wins for the past 20 years in the X-Games, Gravity Games, US Open, Euro freeskiing, Freeride world tour, etc, etc, etc.  He's been in about 30 ski movies. He's sponsored by a bunch of companies (including Audi obviously).  He has a net worth of ~$3mil.  But mostly, he seems like a legit skier who wouldn't be that interested in starring in something that was entirely computer generated. If it's "entirely computer generated" why even bother having Candid in it?  Why not just make it  Harry Potter or Kim Kardashian? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

OK guys, no worries.  I'll keep my thoughts to myself.  I thought this was a discussion forum, but I guess I was mistaken.

By the way, my profession is in computer generated media.

Wow, are we supposed to be impressed. It is a discussion forum but when you start sounding like you think you are talking to 5 year olds than you will be called out.  

And I am a physicist.  That should impress you.

16 minutes ago, SkiMangoJazz said:

I never sounded like I was talking to 5 year olds.  But I will say it now, and risk being banned because this place is either boring or full of trolls like you.

You're an f'ing idiot.

Not boring now. So you accomplished something. 

I thought this had good potential for discussion. I started with "I couldn't tell if it was all real.  Some of it looks fake." you followed up with "You guys are kidding right?".
I was leaving room for discussion, you were shutting down the discussion with ridicule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puck it said:

Wow, are we supposed to be impressed. It is a discussion forum but when you start sounding like you think you are talking to 5 year olds than you will be called out.  

And I am a physicist.  That should impress you.

Its more real than not, impressive to say the least just like all of his Audi Commercials !

• Like 1