50 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Latest post is up. Nothing terribly exciting. Any we don't have the base depths in place to take advantage of it.

Not sure I follow that last part.   Don't have enough base to take advantage of 8-12" of fresh?  What am I missing?

27 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Not sure I follow that last part.   Don't have enough base to take advantage of 8-12" of fresh?  What am I missing?

I know.  All glides will be back in okay after Wednesday night.  Last storm got upper Cannon glades open and I poached a couple lower ones this weekend.  Kmart is almost 100%.  South Ridge is back open there. Heading there Thursday. 

Had to work all week. Couldn’t take advantage of the powder days. Trying to salvage the weekend. Heading up to killington Saturday night be okay. But Sunday looks like rain ....

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

Not what I am seeing. 1pm sunday

image.png.1712c05734a226a5dafdc2c1c51915c5.png

This at 3300' at Cannon

Sunday
Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain or freezing rain likely between noon and 1pm, then rain likely after 1pm. High near 36. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

This at 3300' at Cannon

Sunday Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain or freezing rain likely between noon and 1pm, then rain likely after 1pm. High near 36. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
That's what I've been seeing too. Saturday looks better, but honestly it's gonna be a wet day too. Low to mid 30s with snow falling. Gonna be one of those steamy days. Bringing a few clothes changes.

Next week looks like a total torch

Doubt this would actually verify but here is one model for temps next Wednesday....all next week looks warm. Have to wonder what will be left after next week?

28175758_10211949388477513_589545035_n.png?oh=0f48e03b152a1fe52f6a571012114e7d&oe=5A865BF4

49 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Doubt this would actually verify but here is one model for temps next Wednesday....all next week looks warm. Have to wonder what will be left after next week?

28175758_10211949388477513_589545035_n.png?oh=0f48e03b152a1fe52f6a571012114e7d&oe=5A865BF4

FUGLY !

1 hour ago, xwhaler said:

Ouch, warmth + Presidents week traffic on the hills... Pretty good recipe for snow pack destruction.

Seriously, similar situation last year where conditions were awful in early march. Good news last year had a happy ending up north. That's all we can hope for this year.

Went to Mount Snow today and while it was fun skiing corn all day, there will likely be less than 30 trails open by Saturday. And if the weekend rain comes, I fear it will kill some for the season. There was running water on some of the trails, Sunbrook will likely be closed after tomorrow.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Looking at the long range... things still look hopeful for early March. This weekend will be bad news in Vermont. The forecast is looking tight, but probably wet in New Hampshire and Maine. Could still turn into a paste job there. A classic over-running warm air vs cold air damming situation. I'll have an update tomorrow.