Twitter update from Cannon 11am Update: Due to high winds, Cannon will remain closed for the day.

We are experiencing some very strong winds this morning which has closed all lifts for today. The winds are pretty sustained and don’t look like they’ll be letting up any time soon. The good news is, snow is falling and falling fast. With the steady strong winds, it is likely that we could have some pretty large snow drifts out there accumulating.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkiingInABlueDream said:

To make natural terrain skiable, yes. But for a single day I'd be perfectly happy to ski and watch inch per hour all day snow pile up on an empty mountains icy groomers.

Still gonna need more than one or two storms to fix this, groomers included ! natural is going to need a hell of a lot more ! its Fugly !

Edited by ABV

11 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Twitter update from Cannon 11am Update: Due to high winds, Cannon will remain closed for the day.

We are experiencing some very strong winds this morning which has closed all lifts for today. The winds are pretty sustained and don’t look like they’ll be letting up any time soon. The good news is, snow is falling and falling fast. With the steady strong winds, it is likely that we could have some pretty large snow drifts out there accumulating.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Glad we didnt go up today !! good call on our part !

1 hour ago, ABV said:

Glad we didnt go up today !! good call on our part !

Yup and I have an issue with that happened after we got home yesterday.  I am having very sharps pains bending and twisting it. I think could be the bone spur acting up again.  

Yup and I have an issue with that happened after we got home yesterday.  I am having very sharps pains bending and twisting it. I think could be the bone spur acting up again.  
Is it a sharp pain in your liver?? That's very common when skiing in these conditions.
  • Like 1

I was at wildcat today. It started snowing at 9 and the groomers were skiing great. Like skiing on talcum powder. By noon there was 3-4 inches and it was still a lot of fun.. At 2 it turned to a freezing drizzle but turned back to snow at 3. I would say they got 5-6 inches total. Great day even without any natural trails being open. It was windy and the summit quad was running at about 1/2-3/4 speed.

Edited by Smellytele
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:
3 hours ago, Puck it said:

Is it a sharp pain in your liver?? That's very common when skiing in these conditions.

I wish.  I would be a little less concerned. 

Sunapee was fine yesterday, though the summit lift was shut down — the temps were lower than forecast; it was all snow until about 1:30. Four inches total, they say, but it seemed like more. Good, base-building snow it was, too. More is expected by the end of the week. Crossing my fingers. I'm doing a mogul camp at Killington on the 17th, and the New England Gathering the weekend following. 

Edited by Lakespapa
Added wind-closure.

Three resorts down here in mid-Atlantic closed for season between Feb 20 and 24.  Many others hanging on with just a handful of runs.  Very unusual.  We're starting the closures about three weeks sooner than normal scenario down here.  And this time it's not because of lack of crowds.

Edited by JimK

I was at cranmore this weekend with the family..sat was slush and corn, lots of bare spots.. Sunday snow was nice but wet snow over ice. Many closed trails however.

Skied Cannon on Saturday.  The upper mountain had gotten an inch or so overnight, so it was decent until about 11.  Everything on the middle and lower mountain was BAD.  The kids and I had been skiing all week so we called it after lunch.  Went to Bretton Woods on Sunday, and it was awesome.  Snowed all morning, got some "fresh" tracks (on groomers), and had a blast.  Hoping the snow gods are getting ready for some March Madness.

I was at Attitash on Saturday. It was Mrs. Weatherman's return to skis for the season after being out due to injury. I thought it was a great day. Spring conditions for sure, but nice soft snow. I was pleased.

Sunday at Wildcat. As reported the quad was running at Attitash speed, but it was not due to wind. By Wildcat standards it was a calm storm day. The afternoon glaze had me limited to one run after lunch. Coverage on Lynx looks solid. But Upper Polecat and Upper Catapult look really thin. At this rate they're not going deep into April as usual. However... confirmation from management that additional snowmaking is planned if an extended window presents itself.

• Like 2

I was at the crotch Saturday. Soft spring like looked like the end of march not feb.

Sunday at wildcat see Weatherman's report. catapult was nice and only saw one thin spot on it

Today we went to Black NH and glad we did. the snow was great. The softest groomers with absolutely no Ice under any of it. They left a few ungroomed trails that were fun to blast through the crud on. The sun was shinning and left the shell in the car all day. Goggle tans for all!

• Like 2

Just got back home from Wa.

deep cover, edge to edge crazy good. Several chair lift friend advised they’d been north and Wa has the best snow.....arrived early and it was crazy good hero snow. Should left the twin tips home and packed Racetigers- yep it was that good.

All I have for y’all is a boot selfie. Too late in the season to be fussing with pics.

469CAB9D-6D48-40AA-9C32-1B7778A12415.jpeg

Edited by hrstrat57
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

Fabulous today at Attitash!  

fabulous is not the word i would have used. After noon it was mostly a scraped off mess on the Attitash side. It was worse than anything else I have skied in the last 3 days. It was still okay on the Bear peak side but not great.

42 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

fabulous is not the word i would have used. After noon it was mostly a scraped off mess on the Attitash side. It was worse than anything else I have skied in the last 3 days. It was still okay on the Bear peak side but not great.

Well, we spent the afternoon on the Attitash side and it was great.