Sign in to follow this  
Weatherman

Spring Gathering 2018

On 4/2/2018 at 9:06 AM, xwhaler said:

Changing my Lodging plans. I'm in for the overnight along with Christian (not on NMS yet)

I need to confirm details this weekend, but I have an apres / night dinner and social planned. Bonfire included, weather pending. Wildcat has still not replied to emails. I need to pin them down in person.

looks like I'm definitely in with Mrs. MR. she don't ski so don't need 2nd  ticket but we will need place to stay.  BTW this event only one day Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. help with Lodging Friday night and Saturday night or just Saturday night?

20 hours ago, MadRussian said:

looks like I'm definitely in with Mrs. MR. she don't ski so don't need 2nd  ticket but we will need place to stay.  BTW this event only one day Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. help with Lodging Friday night and Saturday night or just Saturday night?

I'm personally only planning on a Saturday event. I have to leave on Sunday morning to catch an international flight from Logan. They'll be a lodging option for both Friday and Saturday nights.

5 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I'm personally only planning on a Saturday event. I have to leave on Sunday morning to catch an international flight from Logan. They'll be a lodging option for both Friday and Saturday nights.

thank you.

Do you have any information where lodging will be available and how much?

In! Making it a day trip for Saturday... probably arriving around 9-9:30a. Looking forward to meeting and skiing with fellow nms'ers. Any word on lift tickets, meeting place and time, etc?

On 4/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, Weatherman said:

I need to confirm details this weekend, but I have an apres / night dinner and social planned. Bonfire included, weather pending. Wildcat has still not replied to emails. I need to pin them down in person.

How did the pinning down go this wknd?!
Looking forward to this...hopefully we get sunny skies and temps north of 45!

• Like 1

I'm having a tough time getting a hold of Brian. He was not there on Saturday when I was there, nor Monday when I called. I'm going to try again tomorrow. As others have mentioned, Liftopia has tickets for $29. I don't know what I'll be able to work out.

For planning purposes, please RSVP for the tailgate on the calendar entry. Please purchase tickets for the apres dinner and bonfire by Monday, April 16 at 9am.

Lodging

2 recommended options, though there are numerous place throughout North Conway

1) The ski club is $25 / person / night -- guest info. PM me if you'd like to stay. I'll make sure there is ample beer on hand. This will be the epicenter of Friday and Saturday evening activities and meals. Accommodations are bunk beds. Being April it should be a quiet weekend so I'm not worried about crowding. You should have plenty of space. Despite what the website says, we should be able to accommodate couples in the same room. We have a 21 bedroom house, and I don't expect to fill it in April. Plan to pay by cash or Venmo me when you arrive. I'll be up starting Thursday night. Plan on departure by 10am Sunday as I have an international flight to catch from Boston late that afternoon.

2) I was going to recommend the Isaac Merrill House Inn. They are right next door to the club -- like across the parking lot line of sight. But their website isn't showing any availability for any weekend. I'm wondering if they went out of business. My wife stayed their earlier this winter, and it was very quiet. And the owners bought it and spent a good amount on money on reservations about a year ago. I'm a bit worried about their future now, but there were several cars in the parking lot this weekend. I'm going to walk next door this weekend and ask what the story is.

Tailgate

Saturday's tailgate will take place in C Lot. I'll bring a grill, food, and beer. For those who have not been to C lot, the entrance is north on 16 about a mile towards Gorham from the main entrance. It's actually to old Rt 16. From the lodge, walk across the bridge and pass the quad and Tomcat Triple. I'll be setup next to a gray Chevy Silverado and will have a NMS banner.

Saturday Apres event!

• If you're planning to drink (of course you are!), please stay at the so no driving is required.
  • 21+ only
  • Starts at 4:30pm at the ski clubs at 692 Kearsarge Rd, North Conway. Pre-registration is required, so contact @Weatherman.
  • Dinner includes beverages, assorted appetizers, smoked pork loin, BBQ chicken, salad, potatoes, beans, corn bread, and dessert.
  • Bonfire (weather permitting)
  • Cost is $18. I need to know by Monday, April 16 at 10am so food can be ordered! Purchase here through NMS.

Sunday Tuckerman's Hike

I'll be heading home, but a hike / ski of Tuckerman's Ravine is planned -- weather permitting.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:24 PM, Weatherman said:

I'm having a tough time getting a hold of Brian. He was not there on Saturday when I was there, nor Monday when I called. I'm going to try again tomorrow. As others have mentioned, Liftopia has tickets for $29. I don't know what I'll be able to work out.

For planning purposes, please RSVP for the tailgate on the calendar entry. Please purchase tickets for the apres dinner and bonfire by Monday, April 16 at 9am.

@Weatherman

I try to register to purchase tickets… My  browser crashed… I'll pay in person for 2

anything planned for Friday night?

On 4/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, MadRussian said:

I try to register to purchase tickets… My  browser crashed… I'll pay in person for 2

anything planned for Friday night?

Got ya. Nothing official planned for Friday night -- probably just hang out around the bar. People tend to arrive at varying hours. I picked up a half barrel of Tuckerman's Rock Pile IPA for that evening.

24 minutes ago, ABV said:

Change of plans for me, just skiing on Saturday. Not doing the overnight or dinner now.

I'm putting together the lift for meals this morning. Shaping up to be a fun weekend. Thanks for everyone who has sent me a PM or text directly.

On 4/16/2018 at 9:29 AM, Weatherman said:

I'm putting together the lift for meals this morning. Shaping up to be a fun weekend. Thanks for everyone who has sent me a PM or text directly.

I'll be bringing a grill and plenty to load it with.  But is there anything specifically we can contribute to your list and plans?

Are we allowed to start a fire in some rocks or a grill we're not using for cooking for a makeshift fire pit in the parking lot? Provided we have the means to extinguish in a hurry, of course.

1 hour ago, frapcap said:

Are we allowed to start a fire in some rocks or a grill we're not using for cooking for a makeshift fire pit in the parking lot? Provided we have the means to extinguish in a hurry, of course.

I've never tried starting a non-cooking fire there.

Yes, it will be cooler. Expecting a high in the mid-30s at the base on Saturday.

I’m in for the “spring” gathering.  I’ll have my boys, so I doubt they will be up for the parking lot festivities, but they are excited about skiing!