Jay peak woods were skiing incredible this weekend. Also skied the Dip down to 242 and had 3' of fresh> boarders i was with had some issues on a few wipeouts. Couldn't get backup or get their boards back on top to get moving

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 7:09 PM, MarzNC said:

Adirondack skiers who know the Slides had fun today.  Not everyone did though.  The Slides were closed for a little while because ski patrol had to get someone down.  The idea was to wait so that another patrol crew would be available in case someone else needed help.  Didn't take long.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Whiteface-Conditions-tp4113995p4123377.html

For pictures taken above the Slides on 3/18, look here.  Some location as the pictures I posted earlier without snow.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Whiteface-Conditions-tp4113995p4123463.html

On 3/15/2018 at 8:39 AM, Cannonballer said:
On 3/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, SkiMom said:
[mention=11]fcksummer[/mention] and [mention=8]Cannonballer[/mention],
So he's 9, and a great skier (technically better than I am, and definitely braver than I am).  He's skied all the non-glades on Cannon with ease, and likes bumps and trees.  I don't think we'd really let him ski down with strangers, but I would like some feedback on what the trail is like, and how to tell if he (or I) am ready for it emoji32.png.  My husband wants one of us to do it first, but he's on a board and has about as much desire to do it as I do!

Well, we will have to meet up for some turns at Cannon and figure it all out!. BTW both of us are on boards also.

I'm sorry we didn't coordinate before Saturday!  I had planned on "manning up" and taking him, but then I came down with a head cold that was giving me vertigo anytime I went to the summit, so I decided it wasn't a smart move.  My husband bravely offered to fill in, and he and the 9-year-old made it down alive.  My husband said he fell a few times, and went down one part on his butt, but the 9-year-old skied it flawlessly (as I expected he would).

We should try to coordinate a meet-up sometime soon.  We are at Cannon most weekends (especially Saturdays).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SkiMom said:

I'm sorry we didn't coordinate before Saturday!  I had planned on "manning up" and taking him, but then I came down with a head cold that was giving me vertigo anytime I went to the summit, so I decided it wasn't a smart move.  My husband bravely offered to fill in, and he and the 9-year-old made it down alive.  My husband said he fell a few times, and went down one part on his butt, but the 9-year-old skied it flawlessly (as I expected he would).

We should try to coordinate a meet-up sometime soon.  We are at Cannon most weekends (especially Saturdays).

Awesome!  Any pics?

I will agree with smellytele:  Jay was great this weekend.  It was January-cold, and the wind was pretty rough at times, but the skiing was awesome.

A pic of my kid's comp run on Saturday -

David on Exhibition.PNG

• Like 1

Killington — best Eastern snow I've ever skied. A beautiful, beautiful weekend for the Donna Weinbrecht mogul camp, and although it was cold, I never was. Not only were conditions as perfect as a person could want, Donna was as fine a being as a person's likely to meet: sweet, a great coach, an enviable skier. I'm doing it again next year, if my budget can absorb it.

• Like 1