Sign in to follow this  
SkiBearded!

Jay Peak 4/7-4/9

Excellent weekend of skiing at Jay Peak. I was pretty nervous about the condition with how cold it was suppose to be all weekend. The cold certainly was what I expected but conditions were surprisingly good. Friday night they got 2-4” of fluff which helped to really make the tree skiable. The lower angle the better in the morning but we did make it down Everglade in the afternoon. We also did our last run down Valhalla and it was pretty sweet. eaf68dc57b0f66a312faaba19575e59d.jpg

Sunday was a big family ski day but my son and I did manage to get a run down Tuckerman Chute. de3bc7d61e3c4996550dd09712db1eda.jpg

The last day today was the best. The dads and my son got out for 6 fast laps on the jet before the younger kids and moms came out. The snow blew around nicely and covered up some of the hard bumps. Haynes and Hot shot derick were fantastic but the best was the little tree shots between the two trails. We made it out after lunch and did a run off the summit down green beret. It was one of the best runs of the weekend with just enough fresh to make things real fun. Lastly(wasn’t supposed to be the last) was River Quai. ccd687e0ff99a715a9b49ab6278758b3.jpg

Same as before there was several inches of fresh snow on top of very sneaky hard icy bumps. I got going to fast lost a ski and fell straight on my chest. That ended by day and sent me to the hospital for X-rays. No broken bones or bruised but I’m pretty sore for sure. 0764461da322ede0502748729e80bc96.jpg9e8f2c23b4d0cb21ce1eacd055417637.jpgc2c4b73b7ec52b74232d62fe36657f91.jpg7ade37c154bcc7f7a0b7dd53e150218d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Bummer about the injury... ?. Hopefully it doesn’t keep you off the hill!

i actually skied Green Beret for the first time when we were up a few weeks ago.  It was pretty damn fun - so we skied it twice.  To satisfy my kids curiosity about the ridge, we did hike up there so that he could take a look down one of the lines.  It was the first time I’d ever seen him say no to a run!

We also did a weekend, so we were able to cover a lot of ground.  River Quai was pretty fun (but thin).  There are some cool natural features to hit.  One of my favorites was the lower liftline under the Bonnie.  It was great low angle bumps, and there was even a decent sized air halfway down ?

Edited by BumpOut

Wow you all are much more daring than me. I tend to stay out of the Chutes and Green Beret and the steeper glades unless there is a healthy amount of new snow. I was there on Saturday and stuck to the trails that tend to keep better after freezups. The best I found that day was Lower Green Mountain Boys, people tend to forget its there but they groom it and if the winds are strong it tends to benefit from wind blown snow. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

7 hours ago, MimersG said:

Wow you all are much more daring than me. I tend to stay out of the Chutes and Green Beret and the steeper glades unless there is a healthy amount of new snow. I was there on Saturday and stuck to the trails that tend to keep better after freezups. The best I found that day was Lower Green Mountain Boys, people tend to forget its there but they groom it and if the winds are strong it tends to benefit from wind blown snow. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

I am way too much of a pussy for those trails. Someone just needs to push me over the lip.